Read more →
Olive products and especially Early Harvest extra virgin olive oil, exhibit high concentrations of polyphenols such as hydroxy-tyrosol, tyrosol, oleacein, oleuropein, oleocanthal, all of which are natural antioxidants that empower our health.
Health effects of polyphenols:
– They contribute to the combat against cardiovascular diseases
– They protect against the oxidation of LDL cholesterol
– Along with monounsaturated fats, help the body neutralize free radicals thus reducing the risk of cancer.
– In combination with carotenoids, vitamin E and provitamin A, they provide a strong anti-aging effect.
– They have significant anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective effects.
– Polyphenols support the proper cardiovascular function.
– They protect blood lipids from oxidative stress, when a varied and balanced diet is followed.